Our client is a multi-national pioneering private development finance institution specialising in the finance and support of small and growing businesses (SGBs). With its headquarters in Mauritius, the Firm operates in 14 countries in the Sub Saharan Africa and MENA regions. As they constantly expanding their geographic footprint, they are seeking to recruit a Legal Counsel (LC) to be located in its Mauritius office. The Legal Counsel reports to the Chief Governance Officer.
The Legal Counsel's main accountability is to:
- Ensure that the terms and conditions of investment transactions as approved by the Board of its fund management companies are correctly, timely and contractually implemented.
- Provide sound legal advice and support to address legal risk identified by the credit risk management process.
- Assume some responsibilities for contract management and management and monitoring of outside legal counsel.
- Act as a Sharia internal auditor for Islamic products.
what you need to know
- At least 5 years' experience as a Legal Counsel
- MA in Law or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of administrative laws and procedures
- Good organisational, prioritisation and time-management skills- " Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Legal & Compliance