Our Client, in the advertising sector is seeking to recruit a Purchasing Assistant with basic Graphic Design skills (or willing to learn). The candidate will report to the Purchasing Manager and/or Local Executive Manager.
Place orders with various suppliers;
Check if orders comply with the company’s procedures;
Follow up of orders by:
- Issuing purchase orders;
- Sending technical/graphic files to suppliers,
- Creating basic artworks for suppliers when needed;
- Checking that supplier’s artworks have been received & approved by the clients;
- Following up on general procedures with the suppliers, carriers and warehouses until final delivery;
- Assuring that deliveries are made in the agreed time frame;
- Informing clients about deliveries;
- Controlling that suppliers’ invoices tally with company’s purchase orders;
- Amongst other duties.
Provide support to the Sales & Graphic Design Team.
what you need to know
- HSC/BAC + 3 minimum;
- Fluent in French and English (oral & written) is a requirement;
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) at intermediate level;
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator or Corel Draw is an asset;
- Knowledge and understanding of procurement processes;
- Two (2) years previous experience as procurement officer or related position is an asset;
- Ability to analyse problems and strategise for better solutions;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently;
- Accurate and precise attention to detail;
- Graphic design skills;
- Goal-oriented, organized team player.